Use this form to manage your ProMED subscriptions. You can also read the latest posts or find out more about ProMED at the project website. ProMED is a program of the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID). Find out more about the organization by visiting ISID.org.
Thank you for your interest in ProMED. This guide walks you through subscribing to or unsubscribing from ProMED mailing lists using this form.
- Fill out your identifying information. The First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Country fields are required. The list manager will change subscriptions for the provided Email Address.
- Select the lists you want to join/leave.
- Subscribe to All will subscribe you to every non-digest mailing list.
- Unsubscribe All will remove you from all lists you are currently receiving.
- Individual list options let update individual list settings.
- Several lists have digest options that bundle multiple posts into a single message. You can choose to receive a digest or a full list, but not both.
- Give the ISID permission to send you email by checking the appropriate box.
- Optionally, Join the ISID after you change your ProMED list subscriptions.
- You may be prompted to enter a reCAPTCHA response. This mechanism protects ProMED lists from malicious bots and users.
- Hit the Submit button.
- If there are any issues, the site will flag them for correction. Otherwise, you should see a success page or be taken to the ISID registration page if you chose that option.
If you’re unsubscribing from lists, you’re done. You will receive a confirmation message for each list from the list manager verifying your changes. No further action is required.
If you are subscribing to lists, you’re not quite done! The list manager must verify the email address for each new subscription. You will receive a confirmation message for each list you join that looks like this:
Mailing list [unsubscribe or subscription] confirmation notice for mailing list LISTNAME
We have received a request from YOUR_EMAIL for subscription of your email address, "YOUR_EMAIL", to the LISTNAME@promedmail.org mailing list. To confirm that you want to be added to this mailing list, simply reply to this message, keeping the Subject: header intact. Or visit this web page:
To verify your email address, you must reply to each message with a blank message. Signatures are fine; the confirmation information is in the message’s subject line. Once the list manager receives your reply, it will send you a welcome message that confirms your subscription.
- Confirmation messages usually arrive within a few hours. If you don’t receive them, be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
- Confirmation messages expire after three days. If they expire, you must, unfortunately, restart the subscription process.