ISID is currently hiring for the following positions:
(last updated 4/20/21)
|Position Title||Director of Informatics|
|Type of Position||Permanent, full-time|
|Reports to||ISID Executive Director|
|Responsibilities||Plan and deliver ISID’s information and technology vision, strategy, goals, and initiatives in support of ISID’s mission and long- term objectives.
About the International Society of Infectious Diseases
The International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) is a non-profit organization with an unwavering commitment to infectious disease practitioners, scientists, and public health professionals working in resource-limited settings around the world. To support its many members, ISID organizes leading international congresses, offers open access infection control resources, and distributes grants to young investigators beginning their careers in the field of infectious diseases. Additionally, ISID operates the International Journal of Infectious Diseases and has organized infectious disease innovation marathons sparking novel solutions that address disease control challenges. The flagship program under ISID’s umbrella is ProMED, an emerging diseases surveillance network that operates around the world. From this program, many projects have developed relying on the ProMED daily post data across a wide range of pathogens, countries, and species.
The Director of Informatics will plan and deliver ISID’s information and technology vision, strategy, goals, and initiatives in support of ISID’s mission, vision, and long-term objectives. Drive operational excellence, service quality, and innovation with the technology team for enterprise technology. Collaborate with staff executives and volunteer leaders and manage all of the professionals who are accountable for information and technology at ISID. The Director of Informatics will understand the needs of end users including consultant subject matter experts, editors, subscribers and ISID staff. The Director of Informatics will analyse and optimize processes and special projects with the Managed Services Provider and/or other information technology (IT) consultants that may be utilized. This role will continue to rapidly evolve as ISID becomes more digital and data driven.
The Director of Informatics will serve as the point person at ISID for information technology and informatics efforts and will be responsible for the following:
- Drive new growth opportunities by identifying, prioritizing, developing, and launching new products, services and business models in collaboration with other lead ISID staff and ISID partners
- Build and grow a culture of innovation to support a steady stream of innovations, and sustainable monetary opportunities
- Champion innovation to positively influence the ISID brand internally and externally in the market
- Create an innovation strategy that is understood and endorsed by key stakeholders including Executive Committee leadership, staff, customers, and partners
- Strive to build a well-balanced innovation portfolio and roadmap that drives investments and top line growth for ISID
- Ensure ISID is successful in taking its innovations to market in a timely and scalable way
- Use innovation to differentiate ISID’s role as the global infectious disease surveillance leader, while providing unique value to users and help build long-term relationships with members, partners, sponsors, and funders
- Serve as first point of contact for all information technology and ISID data related issues and to support the team as required
- Support grant writing and monitoring through information technology related milestone tracking, quarterly report development, partner communications, and support tasks
- Develop and monitor ISID’s IT strategic plan and provide updated reports to relevant committees and leadership team
- Establish and ensure adherence to all ISID data governance policies and procedures including Disaster Recovery Plan, Acceptable Use Policy, and Data Sharing Agreements with partners
- Work with the Managed Services Provider and other IT consultants to coordinate efforts in testing and implementing new technology, conducting trainings, and/or resolving issues with software or hardware
- Oversee compliance with user data protection regulations
- Maintain availability to travel domestically and internationally to conduct Society business and represent the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director to contribute to the effectiveness, efficiency and growth of the organization
|Required Education||Informatics, Computer Science, Computational Science or Software Engineering Bachelor’s degree (Masters-level degree preferred) and minimum of 5 years professional experience overseeing information systems, informatics, network administration, etc.|
|Additional Skills & Qualifications||
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
TITLE: Marketing Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Marketing Specialist supports ISID’s Marketing, Communications and Membership goals by executing various strategies via social media, management of a membership database, and being the primary interface with ISID members. This is a temporary position for three months, with the possibility that it will turn into a long-term position.
Marketing and Communication
- Daily, weekly and monthly administrative tasks that support the marketing/membership department’s activities, including
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Scheduling meetings
- General proofreading of communications and grant materials
- Edit and update website regularly
- Create unique graphics using Canva
- Update existing graphics with InDesign/Illustrator
- Create marketing literature to augment ISID’s presence in the public health field
- Compose and post online content on ISID’s website and social media accounts
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Create surveys using TypeForm and employ marketing analytics techniques to gather data and create reports
- Create, edit and proofread written content that includes external communication and grant applications
- Assist with data requests from partners
- Conduct research related to public health outbreaks
- Assist with grant management, including invoicing, compiling information
- Provide support leading up to and during remote and in-person events
- Data entry, maintenance of membership database
- Communicate directly with members, providing support as needed
- Manage all backend programmatic updates
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Creative Suite, Google Workspace/drive, WordPress.
- Strong writing skills
- Experience posting to Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin and capturing data analytics in a report
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread effectively
- Some interest in or grasp of infectious diseases or public health foundation concepts is preferred but not necessary
- Strong office support skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. This job involves sitting most of the time, walking and standing are required only occasionally.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primary with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Substantial movements of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
ISID is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ISID is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]