The ISID Guide to Infection Control in the Healthcare Setting (https://isid.org/guide/) is seeking new Editors to join the team!
Editors are expected to attend a once monthly meeting (30 minutes) and periodically review new/updated chapters and solicit new material for The Guide. Please find responsibilities and requirements below. If interested, please send a statement of interest (500 words maximum) and a CV to Laurence Mialot at [email protected] Materials must be received by July 15, 2022.
- Be available to review and edit select chapters with a focus on implementing IPC measures in low and middle-income countries
- Provide input on graphics, pictograms and decision trees to facilitate the implementation of IPC measures in low- and middle-income countries
- Identify authors and co-authors from your respective region of the world as needed
- Participate in conference calls with editors, other section editors and ISID staff members to set priorities to develop the Guide further
- Strong understanding of infectious diseases clinical practice in under-resourced settings
- Strong understanding of regional infection prevention and control (IPC) practices and gaps
- Good communication skills and ability to work with colleagues from around the world
- Minimum requirements include an MD with training in infectious diseases or a Ph.D. with experience in infectious disease related work
- Prior publication experience preferred
As an Editor of the ISID’s Guide to Infection Control in the Healthcare Setting, you will join a team of skilled infectious diseases practitioners leading the way in infection prevention and control. Committed to high quality, evidence-based information distributed free of charge, Guide Editors and Authors make an impact on a global scale.