ISID is Accepting Applications for the Emerging Leaders Program
ISID is now accepting applications for the Emerging Leaders Program.
The Emerging Leaders Program was developed in 2016 to recognize excellence in the field of infectious diseases at an early career level, to facilitate capacity building and succession planning, and to give select, promising early-career investigators and physicians the opportunity to become familiar with the Society's work, engage in ISID's activities, showcase their work, and network with colleagues around the world. Emerging Leaders serve a four-year term.
- Early career investigators, clinicians from all professional backgrounds, veterinarians, pharmacists, epidemiologists, public health professionals, and environmental scientists or similar.
- Individuals at full or associate professor level and chairs of departments are not eligible
- In training or recently completed training in the areas of infectious diseases (human or veterinary), microbiology, epidemiology, genomics, public health or other specialty that deals with the prevention, management, or treatment of infectious diseases;
- Past performance indicative of a promising career in infectious diseases;
- Low and Lower Middle-Income countries (LMIC) nationals living and working within an LMIC (country list here)
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Finalist candidates must be available for a virtual interview
- Two letters of recommendation explaining what makes you stand out amongst your peers, including at least 1 from a current or former supervisor;
- Motivational statement of no more than 1000 words:
- Provide a summary of what you wish to achieve as an ISID Emerging Leader, given your 4-year tenure, and your area of focus. With this, please also propose one new initiative for the Emerging Leader cohort you join.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Ability to commit 4 years to ISID and participate in:
- Bi-monthly calls, as well as additional topic-specific calls
- Knowledge Exchange webinars
- Social Media engagement
- Contribute to journal and blog postings, etc.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts as needed
- Support Congresses and ISID Meeting to raise the visibility of the Society as the world leader in global infectious disease education, surveillance, and advocacy.
- Support other ISID related opportunities as they arise.
Learn more about ISID's current Emerging Leaders and their past contributions to the field of international infectious diseases. For information on eligibility, application requirements, and to apply, click here.
The deadline to apply is May 1st, 2022 at noon (EST).